Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Sivakamiyin Sabadham

Last year, I read Ponniyin Selvan by Kalki R. Krishnamurthy. Ever since, I have been in love with his writing. If he was alive now, he'd force all the Dan Browns out of the store shelves... It is sheer imprudence to even compare him with any of the current day authors. This man is a genius... Last week, I read the other book of his.... 'Sivakamiyin Sabadham'. Though Ponniyin Selvan remains my top favourite, I did enjoy this book. The best thing about his books is that you feel like going back to look up all the people, events and dates mentioned in history... something that could have been of use during school days. He transports me to another world.. a world of kings and queens and prosperity....... In my opinion, his strongest characters are his spies. They just happen to be brilliant....I know am doing a lousy job at writing about him and his works.... words fail me!!!! But if you can read tamil, you should read his novels..... Thanks to Project Madurai (http://www.tamil.net/projectmadurai/).... I don't have to look elsewhere for good tamil books!!!

No comments: